Our field team conducted on-shelf availability studies for a leading beer manufacturer. The study took them into the UK’s leading supermarkets. Take a look at our results.
- A leading beef manufacturer commissioned Assosia to conduct availability studies across Asda, Co-op, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Tesco and Waitrose stores.
- Conduct availability studies across a total of 132 stores, 3 x per day for 3 days over a 2 week period (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), at specific time points – 10am-11am, 1pm-2pm, 6pm and 3.30pm on Sundays only.
- Our field team visited each store covertly and monitored the availability of products across our client’s category.
- Out of Stocks or Low Stock (50% or less on the shelf) captured during each audit period (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), were discussed with the store personnel on the last visit on the Sunday of each week in order to establish any root causes for poor availability.
- Photographs were taken during each visit.
- Average OOS for all retailers was less than 5% at any time point for all of our client’s products.
- Week 2 saw a higher proportion of products out of stock or low stock.
- During the visits, our teams found that the skus were rarely replenished during the day of each audit.